25 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Congratulations on your recent purchase of Mikado Quartz, thank you for choosing us for your projects.
Mikado Quartz supplies material to your stonemason of choice will cut, polish and install your bench top. All Mikado Quartz material gets checked when it arrives in our warehouse and before it leaves. After it leaves our warehouse, Mikado Quartz has no control with transportation, manufacturing or installation.
Please take the time to read our care and maintenance recommendations. By following the proper installation, care and maintenance of Mikado Quartz you should have many years of enjoyment from our Product.
Listed below are the terms and conditions applicable to Mikado Quartz engineered stone.
What is included in the warranty:
- Mikado Quartz offers a 25-year limited warranty to the original customer for a period of 25 years from the date of installation.
- The warranty covers any defects arising from the manufacture of the slab. Subsequent fabrication and installation are not covered in this warranty.
What is not included in the warranty:
- Any defect of damage to the Product arising from work done by anyone other than Mikado Quartz.
- The use of the Product as flooring or outdoors or in areas near swimming pools.
- The discolouration of the Product if it is exposed to direct sunlight over a prolonged period.
- Any modification or alteration to the surface of Mikado Quartz.
- Damage to the Product due to prolonged exposure to chemicals or solvents.
- Damage by:
- Placing hot pots / pans (including electric fry pans) on the surface
- Applying excessive weight to the surface
- Variations in colour, pattern or shade of the material against sample material, displayed or illustrated material. Mikado Quartz is made from natural material & some colour variation will occur between batches.
- Failure of adhesives, caulking materials, damage resulting due to the accessories installed, failure due to inadequate support to joints and seams.
- Failure to follow any procedures, instructions and recommendations given in the Product Manual provided to the fabricators and/or Customers.
- Damage as a result of sitting, climbing or standing on the Product.
- Any defect or damage as a result of mishandling or abuse.
- Bowing less than 1.5mm on joints greater than 600mm.
- Cracks are not a material fault. They are not covered in the warranty and are usually a result of:
- Mechanical stress on the material after installation
- Settlement or movement in joinery or house as a whole
- Sitting, standing or climbing on your bench top
- Excessive heat
- Sink or cook top cut out (not covered)
- “L” shaped cut out / improper installation
- Chipping is not a material fault; it is a normally a direct result due to impact to the edge of the surface. Chips are not covered by this warranty.
- Fireplaces are not covered as a result of variations in design and heat output.
- The warranty only applies if the Product was installed by a qualified and licensed stonemason.
The limitations on the Warranty set out in this document do not exclude or limit the application of the mandatory conditions or warranties implied by the Trade Practices Act 1974 or any other equivalent or corresponding legislation.